Statement of Safeguarding Principles
At Polesworth Abbey we are committed to:
- The care, nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry with, all children, young people and all adults
- The safeguarding and protection of all children, young people and all adults
- The establishing of safe, caring communities which provide a loving environment where victims of abuse can report or disclose abuse and where they can find support and best practice that contributes to the prevention of abuse.
To this end:
- We will carefully select, support and train all those with any responsibility within the Church, in line with the principles of Safer Recruitment. We will respond without delay to every complaint made, that any adult, child or young person may have been harmed, cooperating with the police and local authority in any investigation.
- We will seek to offer informed pastoral care and support to anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with them an appropriate ministry that recognises the importance of understanding the needs of those who have been abused, including their feelings of alienation and / or isolation.
- We will seek to protect survivors of abuse from the possibility of further harm and abuse.
- We will seek to challenge any abuse of power, especially by anyone in a position of respect and responsibility, where they are trusted by others.
- We will seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision, and referral to the appropriate authorities, to any member of our Church community known to have offended against a child, young person or adult who is vulnerable.
In all these principles we will follow legislation, guidance and recognised good practice. Clergy, church officials, members of the congregation or public who suspect or who receive allegations of child abuse MUST report the matter immediately.
Polesworth Abbey contacts for Safeguarding Issues
Parish Safeguarding Officer
07795 190 497
Bishop's Safeguarding Adviser
07342 993 844
Other safeguarding contacts
|Family Lives Helpline||08088 002222|
|Elder Abuse||08088 088141|
|Domestic Violence Helpline||08082 000247|
|Men’s Domestic Violence Helpline||08088 010327|
|LGBT Domestic Violence Helpline||03009 995428|
|National Association of People Abused in Childhood||08000 853330|
|Stop in Now! Helpline||08081 000900|
Click on the links to download the full current version of our Safeguarding Policy, Domestic Abuse Policy, and Recruitment of Offenders Policy